Welcome to Saint Xavier University! This is an exciting time as you start the college search process, and we are so pleased that you are exploring your options as a prospective student at SXU. Please use the Office of Admission and your admission counselor as resources through the college application process.
Apply to SXU
If you're ready to apply for admission, follow these steps to complete the process:
- Apply online (no fee);
- Request an official high school transcript or GED score report;
- Request your official ACT or SAT score(s), unless included on high school transcript.
Essays are not required except for students applying to the nursing program. Nursing applicants should include an essay describing their reasons for pursuing the nursing program and why they are interested in attending Saint Xavier.
Our online resources will also help you learn more about Saint Xavier's:
- History – A vibrant history as Chicago's first university, founded in 1846 by the Sisters of Mercy.
- Academic programs – Over 40 unique undergraduate programs in the Arts and Sciences, Business, Education and Nursing.
- Campus Life – See what life at SXU is all about.
- Athletics – Go Cougars!
- Scholarships and Financial Aid – Saint Xavier is committed to making your education affordable.
- Special Opportunities for You to Visit Campus – Attend an open house, information session, workshop for Undecided students and more!
The best way to learn why SXU is a great fit for you is to visit us! Join us for a tour of our beautiful 74-acre Chicago campus and meet with an admission counselor. Tours are offered at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Monday through Friday and at 10 a.m. on Saturdays. Request your visit online, call the Office of Admission at 844-GOTO-SXU (844-468-6798) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to assisting you through this exciting time!
Executive Director of Admission