School of Nursing and Health Sciences
Welcome to the Saint Xavier University School of Nursing and Health Sciences!
Whether you are recent high school graduates or returning adult, Saint Xavier University's (SXU) School of Nursing and Health Sciences (SONHS) has the right bachelor or master program for all! The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is available in traditional pre-licensure, accelerated-second degree and RN to BSN online-completion formats. The Communication Sciences and Disorders program offers an undergraduate major and minor in communication sciences and disorders as well as graduate program for a Master of Science (M.S.) in speech-language pathology. The Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science, Sports and Fitness Administration or Gerontology Studies support interdisciplinary student engagement and career potential. The Nursing Program also provides excellent options for graduate students seeking a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree or post-master's certificates. Whichever program you choose, you will:
- Learn and work with health science faculty who have practical experience and expertise in their field.
- Have opportunities to participate in hands-on usage of on-campus simulation laboratories.
- Experience a wide range of patient and client scenarios as you practice your skills and discover the many career options available.
- Benefit from partnerships with hospitals, clinics, schools and other health and wellness settings throughout Chicago.
- Work together with an experienced faculty advisor to guide your program planning and career discussions.
Why Choose SXU?
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and master's degree program in nursing at Saint Xavier University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Our nursing program was the first nursing Mercy school in Illinois, and it is designated as a National League for Nursing Center of Excellence (COE) in Nursing Education, a designation the program has continuously held since 2007.
- The Communication Sciences and Disorders program has been educating future speech-language pathologists for nearly 60 years through its undergraduate program and its on-campus clinic, which currently serves more than 195 clients each semester. Its graduate program, established 25 years ago, is fully accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- The Gerontology, Exercise Science and Sports and Fitness Administration majors support learning the theory and practice of the discipline both in the classroom and in action with capstone and internships.
At SXU, the School of Nursing and Health Sciences will prepare students for the 21st century health care workplace by teaching them to not only be strong clinicians with a focus on health and wellness across diverse populations.
Interested in joining SXU's School of Nursing and Health Sciences? Please review the undergraduate admission requirements or the graduate admission requirements before selecting the appropriate online application on Admission's Apply Now page.