Lost and Found
All lost and found items will be kept in a secure location until the owner claims them. Neither the Public Safety, nor Saint Xavier University are responsible for Lost and Found items that are not logged into the Lost and Found log book. Report an item lost or found.
Items turned in to an academic department must be forwarded immediately to Main Switchboard located in the Warde Academic Center, or the Shannon Center, Facility Manager or Public Safety Department. Listed below are procedures to be followed:
- Turn lost items in to Lost and Found as soon as possible, but not later than the end of the business day on which they were found. Lost items found in the Warde Academic Center should be turned at the switchboard area located at the main entrance.
- Items of value such as wallets, purses, keys, backpacks and electronic devices will be immediately forwarded to the Public Safety Department, located at the Campus Service Center, Room 100. If the lost item includes any identifying information, staff from the Public Safety Office will attempt to contact the owner directly. Unclaimed property and unidentifiable property will be logged in the lost and found logbook.
- Items of lesser value such as notebooks, umbrellas and articles of clothing will also be entered into the logbook and placed in a locked location.
- Lost and Found items will be stored in a locked location such as drawers, cabinets, or rooms. The key is only accessible to those individuals authorized within the Public Safety Department.
- Unclaimed student IDs will be forwarded to Student Affairs, L208, after one week. If unclaimed from Student Affairs the IDs will be destroyed. Other unclaimed IDs such as drivers license or state IDs will be mailed to designated address after one week.
- To attempt to ensure lost items are returned to the rightful owners, persons claiming items will be asked to describe the items and to provide identification. Claimants must sign for items before the items will be released to them.
- Items in Lost and Found, which are not claimed by the end of each semester, will be donated to a local charity.