Patient Rights and Responsibilities
As a patient of Saint Xavier University Health Center, you have choices, rights and responsibilities.
You Have The Right:
- To receive considerate and respectful care.
- To know the names and professional status of people involved in your care.
- To expect that your personal privacy will be respected by all staff.
- To expect that your medical records will be kept confidential and will be released only with your (or, as appropriate, your parents/legal guardian’s) written consent except as otherwise required by law.
- To receive accurate information about your health related concerns.
- To know the effectiveness, possible side effects and problems of all forms of treatment.
- To participate in choosing a form of treatment.
- To receive education and counseling.
- To review records concerning your care and treatment.
- To know information about services and related costs.
- To express complaints about the Health Center or the care received.
- To refuse treatment and know the effects of such refusal.
You Have The Responsibility:
- To seek medical attention promptly.
- To be honest about your medical history.
- To ask about anything you do not understand.
- To follow health advice and medical instruction.
- To report any significant changes in symptoms or failure to improve.
- To respect health center policies.
- To keep scheduled appointments or cancel in advance.
- To seek non-emergency care during regular Center hours.
- To provide useful feedback about services and policies.
- To pay any charges billed to you.
- To treat staff with courtesy and respect.