After Hours Care
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, dial 911.
In an emergency, contact the Public Safety emergency line after you call 911. Please see the 3911 Policy for more details.
For non-emergency medical assistance outside of the Health Center's business hours:
- SXU studentscurrently living in the residence halls should contact a staff member of Residence Life or Public Safety Dispatch at 773-298-4400.
- If you are a commuter student or community member, please seek assistance with your primary physician or at a local hospital of your choice.
Other options you can consider:
- Most insurance plans offer a 24-hour nurse call line. The number would be listed on the back of your insurance card.
- Walk-in retail clinics are located at
- CVS at 3951 W. 103rd Street in Chicago, 773-881-3359
- Walgreens at 4740 W. 95th Street in Oak Lawn, 708-425-6960
- Urgent care centers are also available. One option is
- Little Company of Mary Hospital Care Station at 5660 West 95th Street, Oak Lawn, 708-499-2273
- There is also the option of visiting a local hospital's emergency room.
- Advocate Christ Medical Center is located at 4400 W. 95th Street in Oak Lawn
- Little Company of Mary Hospital is located at 2800 W. 95th Street in Evergreen Park