Service Through Action Team (S.T.A.T.)
Service calls us to use our gifts, talents and abilities to advance the genuine well being of our community and those we encounter.
Embracing the Mercy tradition of service, the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations invites the SXU community – students, alumni, staff and faculty – to participate in a variety of community outreach projects with S.T.A.T. (the Service Through Action Team).
What began in 2008 as a peanut butter and jelly brigade to feed the hungry in community shelters, has blossomed into a variety of service projects which support the Chicagoland area.
S.T.A.T, volunteers have:
- Made over 5,000 lunches for local shelters.
- Volunteered at the Chicago Food Depository to prepare care packages for those in need.
- Collaborated with Campus Ministry in a "Holiday Harvest" food drive which collected non-perishable items for Catholic Charities.
- Grown produce to donate to community shelters.
- April 2014 volunteers will once again "take over" the intersection at 95th and Cicero to help raise funds for Misericordia Heart of Mercy.
To become involved as a S.T.A.T volunteer, recommend other causes that may be aided by our services or to make a donation please contact the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-298-3316.