Creating Educational Opportunities for Veterans
Saint Xavier University is a proud participant of the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program -- a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. For the first time, private colleges and universities can enter into an agreement with U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate for both undergraduate and graduate programs.
Benefits of the Program
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill not only provides eligible individuals with college tuition assistance but may also provide a housing allowance, a stipend for books and supplies.
- The program offers the option of sharing benefits with family members.
- Saint Xavier University and VA choose the amount of tuition and fees that will be contributed. VA will match that amount and issue payment directly to SXU.
- SXU will provide contributions during participants' entire academic career as long as the student maintains satisfactory progress, conduct and attendance.
Benefits of a Saint Xavier University Education
- With small class sizes, and student to faculty ratio of 14 to 1, Saint Xavier students get personal attention in the classroom and create relationships with a dedicated faculty.
- Saint Xavier University offers 43 undergraduate majors, more than 40 graduate program options in arts and sciences, business, education and nursing, and a variety of program options in continuing and professional studies.
- Saint Xavier University's Student Organization for Veterans Affairs (SOVA) offers opportunities for professional and social networking, leadership development and peer support.
- A Catholic university founded and sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, Saint Xavier University offers a supportive faith community where students of all faith traditions, and those professing no faith tradition are able to explore and discuss questions of life, meaning, truth, compassion, service, human dignity and the common good.
For more information on the Yellow Ribbon Program at Saint Xavier University, call 1-877-302-VETS or email firstname.lastname@example.org.