Goal 4: Increasing Visibility and Endowed Support
The University will be recognized by local, regional, state and national
business, philanthropic and political leaders as a vibrant community asset worthy of their increasing investment in its success.
Objectives and Metrics:
- The University will increase its endowment to $15 million. (2017)
- The University will attract 10 new named and endowed scholarships. (2015)
- The University, in particular, will establish a $20,000 Student-Faculty Partnership Endowment by 2013, increasing it to $1 million by 2020, in order to fund at least one $1,000 grant per year through 2020 and generate $50,000 annually thereafter to support collaborative student-faculty research or creative projects.
- The University will initiate a fundraising campaign to focus on campus enhancements (including sciences), student scholarships and infrastructure improvements.
- The University will work with its Board of Trustees to increase diversity and broaden its recruitment of members from the greater Chicago business community. (2015)
- The University will increase the percentage of alumni donors from 10 percent to 12 percent, thus placing the University among the top third of Midwest master's institutions. (2014)
- The University will capitalize on its significant economic contribution to the community by completing and promoting an economic impact statement. (2012)