The Student Success Program (SSP) is a TRIO Student Support Services program federally funded by the U.S. Department of Education. SSP provides assistance and support to students who are low income and first-generation or low income students with disabilities. The staff works to promote academic progress with the ultimate goal of degree completion.
Students who are admitted to the program receive a number of services including:
- academic advising
- financial aid advising
- writing assistance*
- personal counseling
- career exploration
- laptops (available for short-term checkout)
- student leadership opportunities
- service learning projects
- exposure to cultural and academic activities
- graduate school preparation
*Services provided through the Learning Center.
SSP is located in the Ward Academic Center, room L-111. For more information, contact SSP staff at 773-298-3342.