Exemption requests can be made for special ceremonial smoking and tobacco use in research. Please read the Tobacco-Free Campus Policy for details as to what that entails.
For consideration of an exemption, send an email to Provost Kathleen Alaimo, Ph.D., at email@example.com with the following information:
- Full name and SXUID of requesting student/staff/faculty
- Telephone number
- Name of student group (if applicable)
- Date and time of requested exemption
- Specific purpose of the exemption (religious, medical, etc.)
- Intended audience for exemption and number of participants
- Attach related documentation citing the rationale for the exemption
Requests must be submitted at least 15 business days in advance of the date of the requested exemption. Exemptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. SXU reserves the right to determine location, safety and security measures for all requested exemptions. Exemptions may include a requirement for special set up and ventilation. All associated set-up and equipment costs are the responsibility of the student/student group requesting the exemption. A response will be provided within five business days of the request.