Midyear Changes and Early Arrival Plans
In a few special cases, it may be necessary to change your health insurance coverage during the middle of the plan year. Petitions will be granted only for allowable midyear changes, including:
- Life-changing event (such as marriage, birth/adoption of a child, divorce)
- Loss/change of health insurance coverage (e.g., becoming too old for dependent coverage under a parental plan, a parent/spouse/same-sex domestic partner starting or terminating a job with corresponding coverage change)
- Recent immigration of a dependent spouse or children
Approved midyear petitions to add coverage become effective on the day your previous insurance terminates or the day after the post-mark date of the petition, whichever is later. You will be responsible for the full premium for the quarter in which your coverage is effective. The premium is not pro-rated. Midyear petitions to add a spouse or child may also lead to payment for their coverage over the summer semester.
How to file a Midyear Petition
To add or waive SXU Health Insurance coverage after the enrollment deadline:
- Provide the appropriate petition request form along with proof of the midyear event to the on-campus Insurance Coordinator's Office.
- For petitions to waive, you will also need to submit proof of comparable insurance along with your request.
- Requests must be submitted within 31 days of the change-of-life event to qualify.
Questions? Contact the Insurance Coordinator.
Early Arrival Plan
The Master Policy will become effective on August 11, 2014, 12:00 a.m.
Exception: For international students arriving to campus for required academic programs, coverage will become effective July 7, 2014.