Tickets, Seating and Special Accommodations
All guests of graduates are required to have tickets for admission to the ceremony. Graduating students are to claim their allotted tickets at regalia distribution.
- Students participating in the ceremony will each receive four (4) tickets for their guests. Graduates themselves do not need tickets.
- Several hundred graduates are expected to participate in the upcoming ceremony. The above ticket calculation is purely based upon the size of the graduating class, in conjunction with the capacity of the arena.
- Tickets may be forfeited if not claimed at regalia distribution. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
- No extra tickets are available. In order to comply with the maximum occupancy laws for the Shannon Center, the commencement ticket allotment for each graduating student is final; there are no extra tickets. We can not replace lost or stolen tickets. Graduates with unneeded tickets and those seeking additional tickets are encouraged to post flyers on student bulletin boards. Thank you for your understanding.
- Seating in the Shannon Center main arena is general admission.
- Doors will open one hour prior to the ceremony.
- Latecomers will be seated at the commencement staff's discretion.
- Children age four and under do not need tickets provided they can sit on an adult's lap for the duration of the ceremony.
- Strollers are not allowed in the arena.
- Air horns, large banners and other distracting items are prohibited in the ceremony arena and may be confiscated.
Handicap Access/Special Accommodations
- A handicapped-parking area will be available near the Shannon Center south entrance (facing 103rd Street).
- Vehicles parked in this area must have an appropriate handicap parking permit/license plate.
- Persons who are physically challenged may be dropped off in front of the Shannon Center entrance.
- Public Safety personnel will be on hand to help direct.
- Sign language interpreters are available upon request for any Commencement ceremony. Please send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at (773) 298-3867. All requests must be submitted at least 30 days in advance.
- A designated seating area on the main floor of the Shannon Center arena, behind the graduate seating section, will be available for guests who are unable to walk up to the regular grandstand seats.
- One ticketed guest may accompany the disabled individual seated in this area. All ceremony guests must have a ticket.
- Graduates who have a physical disability that may affect their participation in the ceremony should e-mail email@example.com or leave a message at (773) 298-3867.