Career Services is happy and proud to support SXU student and alumni veterans and we want to thank you for your service to our country. We want to be of service to you!
Below are just some of the ways we can support you:
- Individual Career Counseling and Advising
- Walk-in appointments, Mondays and Wednesdays from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Regular appointments convenient with your schedule
- Networking Events
- Career Workshops and Programs
Including Military Experience on Your Resume
There are a number of great resources available on how to translate your military experience for civilian jobs, particularly when writing a resume. Be sure to ask for help when creating and reviewing all of your job search documents. Career Services staff is available to help via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through appointments and walk-ins! Call 773-298-3131 or email us to schedule an appointment.
Additional great advice can be found at:
- Career Realism – Military Experience on the Resume
- Out of Uniform – Military Resume Advice
- Military Skills Translator
Job Search and Networking Resources
- IDES Veterans Services Division
- Illinois Troops to Teachers
- Illinois workNet
- Leave No Veteran Behind
- The Mission Continues
- Veterans Forward at National Able Network
- Veterans Housing and Employment Assistance, NFP
- Women’s Ventrepreneurship Program (Women's Business Development Center)
- Helmets to Hardhats
- Google VetNet
- Hire Heroes USA
- USA JOBS
- Riley Guide to Veteran Careers
Visit the Resources and News for Veterans web page for more information for Veterans on campus!