- Starting with your initial graduate programs investigation right on down to making
the final decision, it is imperative that you stayed organized. Keep all information
you have gathered on different programs together in one spot.
- As you review the information already gathered, make a list of questions you have
specific to each program. Feel free to contact graduate programs once you compile
your list of questions.
- Start gathering your letters of recommendations early and allow your references plenty
of time to write those letters.
- Take your time writing any admission essays. Make sure that you have others proofread
anything that is written for admission review.
- Apply to an adequate and feasible number of programs (approximately six). Realize
that some programs are very competitive and you may not be admitted. It is better
to admitted to more than one program so that you have some choices.