Never underestimate the value of experience! There are a number of ways for you to gain experience toward a career field of interest during your time at SXU:
- Registered Student Organizations
- Studying Abroad
- Student Employment/Work Study
- Leadership on Campus/Resident Assistants (RA) with Residence Life
- Undergraduate Research
Benefits of Gaining Experience
- Explore, first hand, an occupation that interests you.
- Develop experience and skill sets that are desired by employers (ex. leadership, communication, teamwork, interpersonal skills, flexibility/adaptability, organizational skills, etc.).
- Test out and build on your strengths and recognize your weak areas.
- Begin to develop a professional network in a particular career field.
- Add bulk to your resume and Increase your marketability to employers.
- Observe and hear advice from those with years of experience.