Internet and Social Media (Business) Career Resources
Below you will find career and professional development resources for Internet and Social Media Marketing majors. It is essential that you proactively engage career development as an integral part of your entire SXU experience. It is crucial to start early and integrate meaningful opportunities into your student experience, ie Internships, Volunteer, Leadership Opportunities, etc.
Remember that your major is just a starting point and not a prescription for a narrow list of employment opportunities. By immersing yourself in your liberal arts education and gaining experience outside of the classroom, you have the opportunity to develop transferable skill sets highly desired by employers and/or graduate programs. Some of the skills that an Internet and Social Media Marketing major will develop are critical thinking, speaking, systems evaluation and analysis. Talk with Career Services to find out how to creatively market your major, skills, and experiences to various opportunities.
Many marketing and communications career fields include internet and social media marketing as part of a public relations or marketing position. Please look at the marketing and communications resources on this website for additional information.
- Quintessential Careers
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- O*Net Online
- My Majors
- What Can I do With this Major?
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities: Resource for scholarships and internships.
- INROADS: Resource for scholarships and career information.
- International Business Information for Students
- Management Consulting
- Job Search Intelligence Salary Calculator
- Salary Calculator
Potential Job Titles
- Social Media Strategist
- Digital Strategist
- Content Manager
- Internet Marketing Manager
- Internet Marketing Specialist
- Search Engine Marketing Associate