History Career Resources
A degree in History prepares you for a variety of occupations and advanced degree programs. Some of the skills developed through History coursework include research, writing, using historical resources, international/intercultural perspective, critical thinking, policy critique, data collection, curiosity and communication.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – Archivists, Curators and Museum Workers
- Jobs and Careers for History Majors (eHow)
- What to Do With a Degree in History (About.com)
- What’s an Archivist?
- Historians as Information Managers
- What Can I Do with This Degree – History?
Potential Job Titles
- Archivists, Curators and Museum Workers – Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Historian – Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Cultural Manager
- Foreign Service Officer
- Records Manager
- Foundation Staffer
- Cultural Resource Network
- Chicago History Museum
- American Association for State and Local History (Career Center)
- Museum Employment Resource Center
- Paralegal Jobs
Current Career Handouts
- Nonprofit Resource Guide