Finance Career Resources
Below you will find career and professional development resources for Finance majors. It is essential that you proactively engage career development as an integral part of your entire SXU experience. It is crucial to start early and integrate meaningful opportunities into your student experience, ie Internships, Volunteer, Leadership Opportunities, etc.
Remember that your major is just a starting point and not a prescription for a narrow list of employment opportunities. By immersing yourself in your liberal arts education and gaining experience outside of the classroom, you have the opportunity to develop transferable skill sets highly desired by employers and/or graduate programs. Some of the skills that a Finance major will develop are reading comprehension, critical thinking, speaking, judgment and decision making, monitoring and active learning. Talk with Career Services to find out how to creatively market your major, skills, and experiences to various opportunities.
- ISEEK Skills Assessment
- Career Exploration Tools and Resources (Quintessential Careers)
- Illinois Career Information System (Illinois Department of Employment Security) (User ID is Illinois and the password is careers)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- O*Net Online
- What Can I do With this Major?
- Job Search Intelligence Salary Calculator
- Salary Calculator
- Executive and Management Job Openings (This job database is run by the NationJob Network, and openings can be searched by location, position type, salary, key-word, and more!)
- Money Careers (Business resource with information about best business jobs to be in today.)
- CNA Insurance
- Cygan Hayes LTD
- Northern Trust Company Internships
- Friedman & Huey Associates, LLP
- JP Morgan Chase
- WTTW Finance and Fundraising Internship
- Bank of America Internships
- GE Corporate Financial Services
- Accounting Majors.com (Great resource for internships!)
- Chicago Accounting Firm Directory
- Deloitte Internships
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers
- Ernst and Young Internships
- Crowe Horwath
- RSM McGladrey Inc.
- Grant Thorton LLP
- BDO Seidman LLP
- Miller Cooper & Co. LTD.
- Legacy Professionals LLP
- Sikich Gardner & Co. LLP
- Wolf & Co. LLP
- Plante Moran PLLC