Computer science Career Resources
Below you will find career and professional development resources for Computer Science/Computer Studies majors. It is essential that you proactively engage career development as an integral part of your entire SXU experience. It is crucial to start early and integrate meaningful opportunities into your student experience, ie Internships, Volunteer, Leadership Opportunities, etc.
Remember that your major is just a starting point and not a prescription for a narrow list of employment opportunities. By immersing yourself in your liberal arts education and gaining experience outside of the classroom, you have the opportunity to develop transferable skill sets highly desired by employers and/or graduate programs. Some of the skills that a Computer Science/Computer Studies major will develop are the ability to express ideas effectively through spoken, written and verbal messages, time management, project management, problem solving and creative writing skills. Talk with Career Services to find out how to creatively market your major, skills, and experiences to various opportunities.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- What Can I do With this Major?
- Inside Jobs
- A Career in Information Technology
- What is Computer Science?
- Computer Information Systems vs Computer Science
- The 10 Best Tech Careers In 2015
- 6 Social Media Jobs That Will Be Big in 2014
- What Does It Take To Be a Social Strategist?
Potential Job Titles
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Network & Computer Systems Administrators
- Information Security Analysts
- Software Developers
- Computer Programmers
- Database Administrators
- Computer Hardware Engineers
- Computer Support Specialists
- Morse Data Corporation
- Net Technologies
- Navistar Inc.
- Applied Systems, Inc.
- West Monroe Partners
- Argonne National Lab