Sylvia M. Schlunk Award
- Application Deadline:
- February 14, 2018
- Amount Range:
- Rebecca Shalack
The Math Department and Computer Science Department are accepting applications for the 32nd Annual Sylvia M. Schlunk Award. This award is given to a student of one of these departments who has demonstrated interest and dedication in math or computer science. The award can be applied toward tuition, fees, room and board, or living expenses. The award may also be used as reimbursement of tuition for a summer course.
- A declared major in Mathematics, Mathematics with Secondary Education, Computer Science or Computer Studies and must have completed 75 hours toward graduation by the end of the current semester.
- Mathematics, Mathematics with Secondary Education or Computer Science majors must have completed a minimum of 27 semester hours in the major by the end of the current semester.
- Computer Studies majors must have completed 24 hours in the major by the end of the current semester.
- Transfer students must have completed or have in progress 12 semester hours in the major at Saint Xavier.
- Seniors who are completing their final semester in fall 2017 enrolled in at least six semester hours may also apply.
The application consists of your name, major, date started at SXU and expected date of graduation. You must also include a one- to two-page response to the following question:
"David is interested, but uncertain, about a major in Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Studies or a non-technical field like History or Graphic Design. How would you help David make up his mind?"
Submit your application to Rebecca Shalack in room S-212 of the Warde Academic Center, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Sylvia Schlunk Award."
Announcement of the recipient will be made at the College of Arts and Sciences Awards Ceremony. The award will be effective for the following academic year.