Mildred B. Keene Art and Music Scholarship
- Application Deadline:
- Not Available
- Amount Range:
- $1,100 - $2,200
- Nathan Peck
The Edwin J. and Mildred B. Keene Scholarship in Art and Music was established by Dr. Carol A. Keene '61 in honor of her parents. In the Art and Design Department, the Keene Scholarship will be awarded to:
- an entering freshman with a minimum overall high school GPA of 2.5/4.0 or
- a transfer student with no more than 20 hours of transfer credit
This will be granted based upon:
- a portfolio (six to eight pieces in any medium) reviewed by faculty in the Art and Design Department,
- a letter of application stating the student's interests in and goals for art,
- recommendations by two high school teachers (one of whom teaches in the arts), and/or
- participation in invitational shows that are juried by high school instructors.
This scholarship is renewable as long as the student maintains a 3.0 GPA in art and design classes and a cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0. The recipient will be eligible to renew the scholarship during his/her college career by maintaining a 3.0 GPA in music classes and a cumulative GPA of 2.5 in a 4.0 system. If the recipient changes his/her major from music, he/she shall forfeit the scholarship.