Inauguration Celebration for President Christine M. Wiseman, J.D.
Week of events culminates with Installation Ceremony on Oct. 22
Chicago (Oct. 4, 2010) Saint Xavier University will host a weeklong Inauguration Celebration for its 19th president, Christine M. Wiseman, J.D. beginning on Mon., Oct. 18. The celebration includes special events for university students, alumni, staff and faculty as well as community members, culminating with President Wiseman's Installation Ceremony on Fri., Oct. 22. All events are at the Chicago Campus, 3700 West 103rd St.
Mon., Oct. 18 – Student and Alumni Day
• S.T.A.T. (Service Through Action Team—Students and Alumni Working Together) will pack lunches for local shelters.
5 p.m. to 7 p.m., SXU Diner, Warde Academic Center
Tues., Oct. 19 – Staff Day
• "Breakfast with your Legislators" with Cong. Dan Lipinski (IL-3rd), State Sen. Edward Maloney (D-18th), State Rep. Mary Flowers (D-31st), State Rep. John O'Sullivan (D-35th), Chicago Ald. Virginia Rugai (19th) and Oak Lawn Mayor Dave Heilmann scheduled to attend. Sponsored by AT&T and presented in partnership with the Beverly Area Planning Association and the Blue Island, Evergreen Park and Oak Lawn Chambers of Commerce. Pre-register at bapa.org or pay at the door; BAPA and Chamber members $20, non-members $30.
7:30 a.m. Butler Reception Room, Warde Academic Center
• Catholic Colloquium lecture with Msgr. Ken Velo – "Where the Light Shines: Catholics in Chicago." The lecture is free and open to the public.
6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Butler Reception Room, Warde Academic Center
Wed., Oct. 20 – Academic Day
• Academic Symposium – "Beyond Branding? Symbols and Substance in the Catholic Liberal Arts" presented by Religious Studies Prof. Michael Bathgate. The lecture is free and open to the public.
3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Butler Reception Room, Warde Academic Center
Thurs., Oct. 21 – Community Day
• Voices and Visions lecture – Former Network TV News Anchor and ABC Political Analyst Cokie Roberts will present an "Insiders View of Washington, D.C." Tickets are required. Visit sxu.edu, keyword: voices or call (866) 468-3401
7 p.m. to 8 p.m., Shannon Center, Main Arena
Fri., Oct. 22 – Installation Day
• President Christine M. Wiseman's Installation Ceremony, immediately followed by a picnic reception.
Noon to 2 p.m., Shannon Center, Main Arena
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Jay Foot, Executive Director of Media Relations
O: (773) 298-3937
C: (773) 617-3632