The Graham School of Management in partnership with the Office of Graduate and Continuing Education offers a Bachelor of Business Administration Fast-Track degree, which is a transfer degree program. This accelerated program was designed with the adult student in mind and is offered at our Orland Park campus. Students will be able to complete this degree in significantly less time than the traditional calendar. The program assumes students will have already completed an associate degree or its equivalent. Students participating in this program must meet the same program requirements and adhere to the same policy requirements listed for Graham School of Management students.
General Education Transfer Policy
All transfer students must take ACSU 101: Transfer Student Orientation. It is a one-on-one orientation, for no cost and carries zero credit hours. This is a graduation requirement for transfer students.
Transfer students with fewer than 30 hours
All requirements of the general education curriculum.
Transfer students with more than 30 hours
Students who have completed the Illinois Articulation Initiative General Education Core Curriculum (IAI/GECC) requirements (37-41 hours) must take the following additional mission-based courses at SXU in order to fulfill their general education requirements:
- Philosophy 150: The Examined Life
- One religious studies course
Students have the opportunity to qualify for SXU’s IAI/GECC Articulation Agreement as long as the majority of the general education core has been met prior to transferring. Any remaining general education courses may be taken from Saint Xavier University. All other transfer students will be evaluated on an individual basis in terms of SXU general education requirements.
To receive a Bachelor of Business Administration Fast-Track degree, students must successfully complete 120 hours of study that include the following:
- University's adult general education core requirements.
Business Prerequisites (22-23 credit hours)
- BANA 250: Excel for Business (1)
- ECON 200: Principles of Economics (Macro) (3)
- ECON 201: Principles of Economics (Micro) (3)
- ACCT 210: Financial Accounting (3)
- ACCT 211: Managerial Accounting (3)
- ACCT 220: Business Law I OR MGMT 223: Legal Environment of Business (3)
- MATH 131: Finite Mathematics (3)
- MATH 132: Business Statistics (3) OR Math 135 Introduction to Statistics (4)
Business Core Requirements (24 credit hours)
- BANA 320: Operations Production and Technology Management (3)
- FOSEM 205: Business Communications (3) OR ENGL 224: Professional Writing and Communication (3)
- FINC 300: Principles of Finance (3)
- MGMT 370: Organizational Behavior (3)
- MGMT 340: International Business (3)
- MGMT 380: Business, Ethics and Society (3)
- MGMT 390: Business Strategy (3)
- MKTG 300: Principles of Marketing (3)
2. In order to complete their requirements, fast-track business students must choose five out of eight approved business electives totaling 15 credit hours whose options include but are not limited to:
- MGMT 360: Human Resource Management (3)
- MKTG 311: Achieving Service Excellence (3)
- MKTG 360: Promotional Strategy (3)
- MKTG 350: Internet Marketing (3)
- MKTG 380: Marketing Strategy (3)
- MKTG 340: Consumer Behavior (3)
- MGMT 362: Negotiations and Conflict Resolution (3)
- MGMT 373: Training and Workplace Learning (3)
3. Electives to complete 120 credit hours.
General Note for Bachelor of Business Administration Fast-Track Major
For course descriptions, consult the Graham School of Management and College of Arts and Sciences course listings.
At least 18 hours in the Business Administration Fast-Track major must be completed at Saint Xavier University. Completion of an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, IAI-GEC program or SXU general education program is required.