The Teacher Leader Endorsement (offered only online) is designed to prepare teachers who aspire to assume expanded leadership roles in their schools. The Teacher Leader Endorsement qualifies candidates to assume such roles as: department chair, instructional coach, grade-level leader, curriculum specialist and professional development specialist. This 17 credit hour online program is completed in three semesters.
The Teacher Leader Endorsement is designed for teachers who a hold a valid teaching license and a master's degree in any area.
Course Requirements (17 credit hours)
- EDGTL 551: E-Learning Design and Technologies (2)
- EDGTL 552: Adult Development and Learning (3)
- EDGTL 553: Professional Development (3)
- EDGTL 554: Models of Teacher Evaluation (3)
- EDGTL 555: School Improvement Processes (3)
- EDGTL 556: Building School, Family and Community Collaborations (3)
Requirements in this program are subject to change within the time span of one's University career due to changing requirements at national, state and local levels.