Students today, alumni tomorrow (STAT)
STAT Receives a New Mission
The alumni/student organization formerly known as the Service Through Action Team has received a new name, Students Today, Alumni Tomorrow! With the change in name has come a new and exciting direction.
The purpose of the new STAT is to involve and engage students more closely with the mission of Saint Xavier University prior to graduation in order to encourage a lasting relationship during their collegiate career and beyond.
Assist in creating a culture of philanthropy, awareness of and dedication to the mission of Saint Xavier within the student body and overall SXU community through service projects and other philanthropic efforts.
Members will educate Saint Xavier University students on the importance of philanthropy at SXU, assist in the promotion of service projects and giving opportunities and become advocates for areas of great need at Saint Xavier University in support of human dignity and the common good.
Plan, promote and execute events that demonstrate the impact of giving and create awareness for the University’s philanthropic efforts.
- Lead by example by being first to participate in philanthropic efforts and giving opportunities
- Assist with student giving campaigns, service projects and other philanthropic efforts
- Attend and help team hosted events
- Assist in the promotion of events and campaigns
- Help coordinate senior class gift campaign
Past STAT Events
The $5 Holla
Students were able to lead a special donation drive to support SXU student scholarships. With a $5 donation, students made a special "shout out" about SXU. Whether about a favorite professor, staff member, team or roommate, donors were able to give a special "Holla," which was posted around the Chicago Campus.
A History of Successful Philanthropy!
What began in 2008 as a peanut butter and jelly brigade to feed the hungry in community shelters has blossomed into a variety of service projects which support the Chicagoland area.
STAT volunteers have:
- Made over 6,000 lunches for local shelters.
- Volunteered at the Chicago Food Depository to prepare care packages for those in need.
- Collaborated with Campus Ministry in a "Holiday Harvest" food drive which collected non-perishable items for Catholic Charities.
- Grown produce to donate to community shelters.
- April 2014 STAT volunteers "took over" the intersection at 95th and Cicero to help raise funds for Misericordia Heart of Mercy.
To become involved as a STAT member, recommend other causes that may be aided by our services or to make a donation please contact the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-298-3316.