The Office of Alumni and Parent Relations invites the SXU community -- students, alumni, staff and faculty -- to participate in a variety of community outreach projects with S.T.A.T. (the Service Through Action Team).
This past academic year (2013-2014) S.T.A.T. volunteers have
- visited the Chicago Food Depository and spent an evening repackaging more than 11,600 pounds of potatoes for families in need.
- joined forces with Campus Ministry for a "Holiday Harvest" food drive collecting non-perishible items for Catholic Charities.
- organized two brown bag lunch projects which (due to the generosity of the University community) netted more than 1,300 lunches for local shelters.
- maintained a vegetable garden at the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations throughout the summer months. Produce grown was donated to community shelters.
- taken over the intersection at 95th and Cicero to help raise nearly $7,000 for Misericordia Heart of Mercy.
Since its inception in 2008, S.T.A.T. has made nearly 6,800 lunches.
To become involved with S.T.A.T or to make a donation, please contact the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations at 773-298-3316 or email@example.com.