Julia Bingham Wiester
Department of Chemistry
B.S. Chemistry, B.Phil. Linguistics, Penn State University 2005
Ph.D. Chemistry, Northwestern University 2010
- Favorite Movie: The Princess Bride
- Hobbies: Trying new recipes at home and new restaurants in Chicago, reading, watching some
favorite tv shows.
- Favorite Season in Chicago: Spring and summer. I enjoy walking around outside enjoying the city, sitting on the
porch in the evening in the nice weather, being able to grill outside and sitting
outside on the patio at restaurants.
- Favorite Music: I enjoy just about anything, but especially pop/rock. I'm also really into 90s music
lately -- it's fun thinking about what grade I was in when the music came out and
what my friends and I were doing then.
Department of Psychology
Bachelor of Arts (2005): The University of Arizona – Psychology Major with a Business
Master of Arts (2008): North Dakota State University – Health/Social Psychology
Doctor of Philosophy (2011): North Dakota State University – Health/Social Psychology
- Favorite Movie: Amelie
- Hobbies: Hiking, Reading, Exploring Museums, Watching Horrible Reality TV Shows. I have also
been exploring new restaurants in Chicago and taking advantage of all the amazing
- Favorite Season: Fall. I grew up in California and Arizona and never experienced four seasons until
I moved to the Midwest. I enjoy the cooler temperatures in the fall, watching the
leaves change colors and having an excuse to live in sweaters.
- Favorite Music: I listen mostly to indie and folk music but I also have a soft spot for any and all
music from the 1980s and 90s. Of late, I have been revisiting the brilliance of Rhythm
Nation by Janet Jackson.
Graham School of Management
Bachelors of Accountancy, University of Mississippi, 1998
Masters of Accountancy, University of Mississipp, 1999
Ph.D. in Accounting, University of Georgia, 2005
Certified Public Accountant, 2000
- Favorite Movie: Hoosiers
- Hobbies: Fishing, Crossfit, Golfing, Movies, Family Time
- Favorite Season: Summer because it is the only season in Chicago warm enough for a guy from the South
- Favorite Music: Country because it's what I grew up listening to
Department of English
1998, BA in English and Political Science, St. Norbert College (DePere, WI)
2000, MA in English and American Literature, Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI)
2007, PhD in English (Rhetoric and Composition concentration), Purdue University (West
- Hobbies: photography, crochet, sewing
- Favorite season in Chicago: Fall -- the colors on the trees are gorgeous and it gives us a break from the blazing
heat of the summer!
- Favorite genre of music: Indie folk because it has interesting lyrics and great harmonies. (But I’m a big
fan of Justin Timberlake, too!)