Assistance for Saint Joseph's College students
The thoughts and prayers of the Saint Xavier University community are with faculty, staff and students of Saint Joseph's College in Rensselaer, Ind. In the spirit of our Mercy heritage and tradition, Saint Xavier University offers our assistance and service to Saint Joseph's students who are looking to continue their education. Saint Xavier University has a long history of service to transfer students. We value the time and commitment you've invested in your college studies thus far, and we know that you seek a transfer partner that provides a quality educational experience at an affordable cost.
It is with this understanding in mind that we've developed transfer-friendly opportunities for all prospective transfer students. We pledge to be generous in our transfer credit as well as our financial assistance; in fact, we believe you'll find our financial aid package comparable to your aid package at Saint Joseph's. The following information identifies services available to all transfer students as well as additional services in place to assist Saint Joseph's students during their period of transition.
We will continually update this page as plans evolve, so we encourage you to check back frequently as new information becomes available.
Transfer Day at Saint Joseph's College
Representatives from Saint Xavier University's Office of Admission, Financial Aid, Advising, and Residence Life will be on campus at the Halleck Student Center in the old Financial Services Office on Tuesday, March 28 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. to provide you with all of the services you need to get admitted, register for coursework, discuss finances and learn about options for living on campus.
For you to get the most from this day, here are some steps you should take prior to attending Transfer Day:
- Apply online (no fee) if you have not already done so.
- You may use unofficial transcripts at the event, however, you should still request official, sealed transcripts from all previous and current colleges and bring them with you to Transfer Day, or have them sent to the Office of Admission ahead of time. Students with fewer than 30 college credit hours completed should submit an official final high school transcript or GED score report.
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and include SXU's school code 001768.
Register online for Transfer Day.
For questions, contact the Office of Admission at email@example.com or 844-GOTO-SXU (844-468-6798).
Transfer Merit Scholarships
All full-time transfer students are awarded a Transfer Merit Scholarship based on their cumulative college grade point average. Scholarships range from $10,000 to $17,000 per academic year and are renewable each year a student is enrolled full time in good academic standing. There is no special application process for Transfer Merit Scholarships. Simply follow the application process below, and your scholarship will be determined when your application is reviewed for admission. For an estimate of your Transfer Merit Scholarship eligibility, contact the Office of Admission at 844-GOTO-SXU (844-468-6798), or firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with a transfer admission counselor.
Residence Hall Award
Transfer students who elect to live in on-campus housing will receive a Residence Hall Award of $2,000 per academic year. The Residence Hall Award is in addition to the Transfer Merit Scholarship as well as any other financial assistance for which you are eligible as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). (Note: Student athletes receiving SXU athletic scholarships are not eligible for the Residence Hall Award.)
Need-Based Financial Aid
Students are encouraged to file the FAFSA in order to determine eligibility for federal, state and institutional need-based financial aid. The FAFSA can be filed online, and Saint Xavier University's school code is 001768.
Saint Joseph's Core Coursework
Saint Joseph's core coursework will transfer to Saint Xavier University as noted in the chart below. Many other Saint Joe's courses will transfer; Saint Xavier is prepared to be generous in our transfer credit to assist Saint Joe's students in completing their degree in a timely manner.
|Requirement||SJC Course||Saint Joseph's College Title||Credit Hours||SXU Course||Saint Xavier University Title||Credit Hours|
|FR Seminar||COR 001||Freshmen Seminar||1||TRANS 100||Transitions||1|
|Core 1||COR 110||The Contemporary Situation||3||ENGL 120||Rhetoric and Writing||3|
|Core 1||COR 111||The Contemporary Situation||3||SOC 188||Sociology||3|
|Core 2||COR 120||The Modern World||3||ENGL 154||Introduction to Literature||3|
|Core 2||COR 121||The Modern World||3||POLSC 188||Political Science||3|
|Core 3||COR 230||Roots of Western Civilization||6||HIST 101||World History||3|
|Core 3||COR 230||Roots of Western Civilization||PHIL 140||The Examined Life||3|
|Core 4||COR 240||The Christian Impact on Western Civ.||6||ART 188||Art||3|
|Core 4||COR 240||The Christian Impact on Western Civ.||RELST 188||Religious Studies||3|
|Core 5||COR 350||Humanity in the Universe||3||BIOL 188||Biology||3|
|Core 6||COR 360||Humanity in the Universe||3||PHSCI 188||Physical Science||3|
|Core 7||COR 370||Intercultural Studies||3||ANTH 188||Anthropology||3|
|Core 8||COR 380||Intercultural Studies||3||HIST 188||History (various cultures)||3|
|Core 9||COR 490||Toward Christian Humanism||6||PHIL 200||Ethics||3|
|Core 10||COR 490||Toward Christian Humanism||RELST 188||Religious Studies||3|
Application Process for Saint Joseph's Students
- Complete our Transfer Student Application. No fee, essay, or personal statements are required. Once you have applied, one of our transfer admission counselors will be assigned to guide you through the admission process.
- In order to expedite your application and credit evaluation process, Saint Xavier
University will accept unofficial transcripts in the interim for temporary admission
decisions. Unofficial transcripts or grade reports can be sent to the Office of Admission
by mail or by email at email@example.com.
- NOTE: Official transcripts will be required to finalize your admission and to create an official financial aid award letter. Official transcripts are required from all colleges attended. (A high school transcript and ACT/SAT scores are required if fewer than 24 college credits have been completed.)
- Upon admission, admitted students will meet with an academic advisor to review their degree plan at Saint Xavier University. Should you decide that Saint Xavier is right for you, the advisor will assist you in registering for classes. (Phone appointments are available with academic advisors for students unable to make a trip to campus.)
Saint Xavier University
Office of Admission
3700 W. 103rd Street
Chicago, IL 60655
Meet your admission counselor for direct contact information for SXU's transfer admission counselors.