Transfer Agreements Between Saint Xavier University and Moraine Valley Community College
2+2 Articulation Agreement - Early Childhood Education and Elementary Education
The 2 + 2 Articulation Agreement between MVCC and SXU is designed to allow students earning an associate in arts (A.A.) or an associate in science (A.S.) to complete a bachelor of science degree in early childhood education for an Illinois Type 04 certification or a bachelor of science degree in elementary education for an Illinois Type 03 certification in four years. By participating in this agreement, transfer of credits, timely completion of all program and certification requirements, and better sequencing of learning experiences are assured for students.
By entering into this MVCC/SXU 2+2 Transfer Articulation Agreement, you will receive the following benefits and opportunities:
- Earn an A.A. or A.S. degree at MVCC and a bachelor of science in early childhood with Pre-K through Grade 3 certification, or in elementary education with K through Grade 9 certification at SXU in as little as 4 years.
- Transfer into the School of Education at SXU with junior standing.
- SXU will offer merit tuition scholarships of various levels to MVCC 2+2 transfer students taking a course load of at least twelve or more credit hours a semester, based upon fund availability.
- Automatic admission to SXU's School of Education
- Priority registration in SXU courses the semester before enrolling at SXU.
- Fingerprinting fees charged to all education majors will be waived (currently $60).
- Free membership in SXU's School of Education Student Education Club while enrolled at MVCC in the MVCC/SXU 2+2 program, with all the privileges and opportunities afforded SXU students.
- You will be given the opportunity to attend SXU's School of Education basic skills test preparation classes on SXU's Chicago campus free of charge if space permits while you are enrolled at MVCC.
- You will be assigned to a SXU liaison to advise you and guide you through the agreement while you are enrolled at MVCC.
If you intend to participate in this program, it is mandatory that you sign and submit the program advising checklist to an SXU admission counselor, stating your intent to participate in this program. To sign up, Articulation Agreement asks you to:
- Contact the SXU 2+2 Admission Counselor (773-298-3050) the first semester entering this MVCC-SXU 2+2 agreement in order to guarantee current program requirements when transferring to SXU.
- Transfer 64 credit hours from MVCC, according to the Transfer Articulation Guide on the next pages, with an earned grade of C or above.
- Complete the associate in arts or science degree program following the MVCC/SXU 2+2 curriculum plan with a 2.50/4.00 Grade-Point Average (GPA).
- Pass the Illinois Certification Test of Basic Skills before enrolling at SXU.
- Follow SXU's admission procedures, including, but not limited to:
- Submit the SXU Application for Admission no later than the semester before they expect to enroll at SXU.
- Submit the required transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended in a timely manner.
- During your first semester of enrollment at SXU, submit final MVCC transcripts with final grades and degree posted.
The 2 + 2 Program advising checklists are available at the MVCC Advising Center and can be found in the SXU transfer guide.
- Early Childhood Education checklist (PDF) for students starting in fall
- Early Childhood Education checklist (PDF) for students starting in spring
- Elementary Education checklist (PDF)
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)
Saint Xavier University will accept students from Moraine Valley Community College who have earned associate of applied science (AAS) degree in criminal justice as students who have reached junior standing and have completed the general education requirements of Saint Xavier University with the following exceptions:
- One 3 credit-hour course in philosophy (Phil 140) and one 3 credit-hour course in religious studies to be taken at Saint Xavier University.
- For School of Continuing and Professional Studies students (age 23 years or older),
6 additional credit hours are required:
- Foundation seminar
- Senior seminar
- For traditional-aged students in the College of Arts and Sciences, 6 additional credit
hours are required:
- One 3 credit-hour course in mathematics
- One 3 credit-hour course in humanities (fine arts and literature or history).
- No grade of D or less will be accepted as part of the requirement for a major in criminal justice.
- Transferable courses must be at a post-secondary level.
For more information on either agreement, please contact the Office of Admission at Saint Xavier University at 773-298-3050 or an academic advisor at Moraine Valley Community College at 708-974-5721.