Transfer Agreement Between Saint Xavier University and College of DuPage
2+2 Art Education Agreement - Secondary Education
The 2+2 Articulation Agreement between College of DuPage and Saint Xavier University is designed to allow students earning an associate in arts (A.A.) or Fine Arts (A.F.A) to complete a bachelor of arts degree in Art Education for an Illinois Type 09 High School Certificate to teach Visual Arts in grades 9 through 12, and optionally 6 through 12 or K through 12. By participating in this agreement, transfer of credits, timely completion of all program and certification requirements, and better sequencing of learning experiences are assured for students.
By entering into this COD/SXU 2+2 Transfer Articulation Agreement, you will receive the following benefits and opportunities:
- Earn an A.A. or A.F.A. degree at COD and a bachelor of arts in Art Education with an Illinois Type 09 Certificate at SXU in as little as 4 years.
- Transfer into the School of Education at SXU with junior standing.
- SXU will offer merit tuition scholarships of various levels to COD 2+2 transfer students taking a course load of at least twelve or more credit hours per semester based upon fund availability.
- Admit COD 2+2 transfer students to the Art Education program under the program requirements in effect 2 years before transferring to SXU.
- Grant automatic admission to SXU's School of Education.
- Provide priority registration to COD 2+2 transfer students the semester before enrolling at SXU.
- Waive the fee for fingerprinting education majors (currently $60).
- Offer COD students free membership in SXU's School of Education Student Education Club and College of Arts and Sciences Art Club, while enrolled at COD in the COD/SXU 2+2 program, with all the privileges and opportunities afforded SXU students.
- Allow COD 2+2 students the opportunity to enroll in SXU's School of Education basic skills test preparation classes on SXU's Chicago campus free of charge if space permits.
- Identify a SXU liaison or liaisons who will be the first point of contact for COD students and staff on academic policy, admission and transferability matters pertaining to this agreement.
Associates of Arts or Associates of Applied Science
This partnership is designed to assist individuals who have previously earned or are currently pursuing an associate in applied science (AAS) or an associate of arts (A.A.) at College of DuPage and desire to earn a bachelor’s in professional studies (B.A.) at Saint Xavier’s Orland Park campus. This exciting partnership helps individuals successfully transition from their AAS or A.A. program at College of DuPage to the baccalaureate program.
Benefits of the partnership include the following:
- Earn your bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months;
- Flexible classes meet during evening hours and on Saturdays;
- Innovative courses are designed to meet the needs of busy professionals who prefer flexible learning options that stress interactive learning and teaming;
- Courses are available both online and in a web-enhanced format;
- A degree in professional studies opens doors to many fields, including health care administration, marketing management, human resources, government, non-profit administration and much more.
- Associate of Arts (AA) to Bachelor of Art in Professional Studies (PDF)
- Associate of Applied Science to Bachelor of Art in Professional Studies (PDF)
For more information about the agreement, please contact the Office of Admission at (800) 462-9288 or firstname.lastname@example.org.