Saint Xavier University Students

Financial Aid

Summer Term

Financial aid assistance for May/summer term is limited to remaining 2016-2017 eligibility not used during fall and spring terms.

If you have reached your annual loan limit in the Federal Direct Stafford Student Loan program, you are not eligible for additional loans from those programs for May/summer term. Likewise, you are eligible for a Federal Pell Grant during the May/summer term, only if you have not used your full Pell Grant eligibility during fall and spring semesters (the 2016-2017 academic year).

How to Apply

To apply for financial aid for summer 2017, you must have a 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA*) on file with the Office of Financial Aid and submit a Summer Financial Aid Application via Self-Service on mySXU. You will receive an email at your SXU email account letting you know of your eligibility for summer financial aid after your summer application has been received and you are registered for summer classes.

*If you already have a 2016-2017 FAFSA on file, you do not need to file another for summer. If you have not filed a 2016-2017 FAFSA, you can complete it online.

Undergraduate Students with Remaining Eligibility

You will be considered for the Federal Pell Grant and Federal Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized loans once we receive your Summer Financial Aid Request and you are registered for summer classes.

If you have remaining Stafford Loan eligibility, you must be enrolled for at least 6 credit hours in order to borrow during the May/summer term.

Graduate Students with Remaining Eligibility

You will be considered for Federal Stafford Unsubsidized loans. If you have exhausted your annual maximum eligibility ($20,500) for unsubsidized loans for the 2016-2017 academic year, then you may apply for the Graduate PLUS loan up to your May/summer cost of attendance. The federal Graduate PLUS loan does require that you meet the federal credit check requirements in order to be eligible for the loan; however, if you are not approved due to adverse credit history, you can apply with an endorser (co-signer).

Graduate students must be enrolled at least half time to qualify for the Unsubsidized or Grad Plus Loans.

No Remaining Eligibility

If you have exhausted your eligibility for the federal Pell Grant and/or federal student loan programs, or will be enrolled less than half time, you may apply for a private loan for May/summer term financial assistance.