Frequenty Asked Questions
Each student that attends Saint Xavier University will have an account with the Office of the Bursar. This student account will include charges/payments for tuition and fees, room and board, and other charges, as applicable. All of the charges will be billed using our e-Bill process.
E-Billing is a convenient and reliable alternative to paper bills. You will be sent an email notification to your SXU email account when an e-Bill is available for viewing. You also have the ability to give access to authorized users to view your e-Bills and/or make e-Payments. Each person with access to the e-Bill can receive an email notification when a new e-Bill is generated if you provide their email address. There are several reasons why e-Bill is the official billing method at Saint Xavier University. The primary reason is to provide faster, easier and accurate service to our students and their parents or guardians. The vast majority of students and parents are familiar and comfortable with the web culture. It has become commonplace to perform many daily transactions and communications via email and the Internet. Many universities and institutions around the country are using electronic billing as their primary method of billing. In addition to providing more efficient service, electronic billing also results in time and monetary savings to both the student and the institution. As a highly respected institution, Saint Xavier University strives to provide services electronically.
A person other than the student may have the ability to view the e-Bill as an authorized user.
Students must set up authorized payer accounts to allow others, such as parents, spouses, or employers, to view their bills and make online payments toward their student account. To set up an authorized payer account, follow the instructions below:
- Log onto mySXU and go to CLAWS (Self-Service) and click on “E-Billing/E-Payment” to get to the bill viewing and ACH (eCheck) payment site.
- In the “Authorized Payers” section, click “Add New.” Choose a login name for the authorized payer (a unique login name for that person), enter their e-mail address, and pick a temporary password for their account. Click “OK” to create the account. If the login name is already taken by another user, you’ll see the error message “Parent PIN already exists,” and you’ll need to choose a different login name.
- When the authorized payer logs into their account, they will need to create a new password and then will be able to view your bills and make payments to your account.
*Authorized Users will need a separate “Guardian Account” for CLAWS in order to Make a Cougar Card Deposit or to purchase a Parking Permit. Requests for these Guardian Accounts are made on CLAWS (Self-Service) on mySXU under the User Account section.
The authorized user can also have an email address added to their profile so that an email notification will be sent when a new e-Bill is generated. Students have the ability to cancel authorized user access at any time and deactivating the authorized user’s login. More than one authorized user can be set up for a student.
Once the authorized payer has logged into CASHNet, the payer can change his/her login name and password, and set up and store his/her own profile and account information. Thereafter, unless authorization is canceled, the third party will be notified via his/her own email address that the student’s e-bill is available for viewing. The individual can also log into the Web site to view the student’s billing information and make a payment. This authorization only gives access to statements and payment options; authorized payers will not have access to any other student records.
No. The authorized payer can print a copy of the e-bill via the Internet and mail his/her payment (check or money order) along with the remittance portion of the printed e-bill to the The Office of the Bursar. Make the check payable to Saint Xavier University and include the student’s ID number on the check.
The Office of the Bursar
Saint Xavier University
3700 West 103rd Street
Chicago, IL 60655
If the recipients of the e-Bill do not view the e-Bill within 5 days, a reminder e-Bill will be sent. It is the responsibility of the student to read the e-Bill and arrange for payment by the due date. Email notifications will be sent to the student SXU email address and authorized users when an e-Bill is available for viewing.
Students that do not pay the bill by the due date will be charged interest and a late payment fee.
- Master Card, Discover, and American Express are accepted for all online transactions only. A service fee of 2.75% is added to the total payment.
- The Office of the Bursar will be accepting payments made with Visa Cards by phone with a $25 service fee that will be added to the total transaction.
- Payment by electronic check will be available at no additional charge.
SXU allows students and authorized users to make secure online payment with an e-Check. There is no service charge for making a payment with e-Check. Payment with e-Check will create an ACH transaction to your checking account.
While credit card payments offer a convenient manner for students and parents to pay their university bills, the merchant fees that the university pays to accept credit card payments have increased every year and have become prohibitively expensive. The savings will be used to improve university resources and academic services. Students and authorized payers may pay by credit card through CASHNet.
- Saint Xavier University does not make any money on the merchant (service) fee.
- Every time a credit card is used the credit card company assesses a convenience fee. In the past Saint Xavier University has paid this fee to the company.
- Credit card use and their fees are climbing and we cannot continue to absorb the cost.
- If Saint Xavier University did not allow CASHNet to assess the customer for the convenience fee in the long run the student body would pay the fee.
- We do not want to pass this banking fee on to the rest of the student body.