Mission and Goals
The Learning Center strives to provide an enriched learning experience by offering a variety of academic support services and opportunities to enhance student learning and success at Saint Xavier University.
Our Mission is to:
- provide all students with academic assistance, across the curriculum on a regularly scheduled and ad hoc basis.
- provide a comfortable and non-threatening learning environment for students to pursue both formal and informal academic assistance.
- serve as the campus resource on issues related to the education, instruction and accommodation of learners with varying ability.
- assist in securing academic accommodations and supplemental services for those students who have self-identified as having a diagnosed disability.
- train and coordinate a corps of peer tutors to provide academic assistance in a variety of subjects.
- assist, direct and train supplemental instructors where specified by an academic department.
The LCDS staff also strives:
- assist students in maximizing their full academic potential at each stage throughout their college experience.
- design, establish and deliver mechanisms, both formal and informal, that introduce and promote the principles of effective learning.
- work closely with faculty and administrative staff when assisting individual students to address issues of academic enhancement and performance.
- increase the level of campus awareness in regards to the undergraduate experience for students with disabilities.
- increase the visibility and standing of the Learning Center by improving established connections with faculty and administrative staff.