The Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science is designed to prepare students for the theory and practice of physical activity in a range of specialty areas, including strength and conditioning, motor development and learning, rehabilitation, exercise physiology, biomechanics and exercise psychology. The program will enable students to gain knowledge about exercise, nutrition and various health and wellness topics as well as practical experience to prepare them for future professions.
Students will obtain:
- Knowledge in anatomy, biomechanics and exercise physiology
- Nutrition and exercise programming
- Basic expertise of human movement and the physiology of specific exercises and activities
- Understanding of kinesiology concepts through effective analyses
- Proficiency in diverse populations, a professional attitude and ethical behavior
Put coursework into action with a hands on internship at a fitness/wellness facility or health care organization. Through the internship course at Saint Xavier, students will receive college credit while gaining real-world experience that prepares them for their career.
- Exercise physiology
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Strength and conditioning
- Personal training and development
- Corporate wellness coordination
- Health promotion
Note: Students pursuing various post-baccalaureate degrees in careers such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, sports medicine, athletic training and physician assistant will require additional prerequisites.
If you would like to apply for the Exercise Science program, please contact the Admission Office at 844-468-6798 to start your application.