Master of Arts: Program in Teaching and Leadership (TL)
Master the 21st Century Difference in Teaching
Prepare to affect massive positive change on your students, classroom and district. Saint Xavier University's practical, hands on, interactive program in teaching and leadership is now enhanced with new, research-solid solutions and strategies to enrich your teaching and leadership. Learning is immediately applicable to your specific grade level and subject area.
Key Benefits to Teachers
- Complete the 32 credit-hour program in 21 months by attending classes one night per week at a location nearest you.
- Financial assistance is available.
- Take applicable, interactive courses taught by experienced instructors who will excite, motivate and support your continued pathway to quality instruction.
- Participate in the only cohort program that builds in classroom time for professional support teams to develop and plan application of new ideas.
- Focus on students' 21st century learning needs with practical "how-to" strategies that enable you to become a more highly skilled teacher.
- Develop strategies with immediate transfer that promote critical and creative thinking with problem solving and inquiry in a diverse classroom.
- Engage in the transformation of your cohort into a professional learning community with shared learning, ideas and experiences.
- Receive guidance and support from both a university-based or school-based facilitator throughout the program.
- Integrate new digital learning tools into projects and lessons that meet the specific needs of your classroom.
- Tailor your classroom practice with a group action research project that helps you meet a specific challenge in your classroom.
Saint Xavier University
Office of Graduate Admission
3700 W. 103rd Street
Chicago, IL 60655
Select the Federal Stafford Loan by completing the FAFSA form online. Our school code is 001768. Your monthly payment plan can be as little as $100/month (deferment option available). You can select a monthly interest-free payment plan with Tuition Management System by calling 1-888-572-8985 or go to www.afford.com/sxu (application fee applies).
For questions regarding financing, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 773-298-3070.
For More Information
For more information, please attend an upcoming information meeting to learn more about the curriculum, class schedules, admissions process and financing options.
You may contact Marge Cashman, director of School Partnership, at 773-298-3481 or firstname.lastname@example.org.