Professional Studies Accelerated Degree Programs
- Earn your degree from an institution that has provided quality education for 160 years and is nationally recognized for excellence;
- Benefit from individual career counseling specific to your area of study;
- Receive personal attention from faculty and staff who specialize in adult learning.
- Complete your degree in as little as 18 months;
- Classes are offered during the day and during the evening and weekend;
- Courses are available both online and in a web-enhanced format;
- Earn additional college credit through a prior learning assessment portfolio.
- Generous scholarships are available to qualified students;
- Additional funds are available to students who demonstrate financial need.
This program may not be suitable for students wishing to pursue certain career paths that require professional licensure or certifications.
Admission counselors are available to meet with you at your convenience to discuss the many academic opportunities available at SXU. You may also begin the admission process by applying online.
Transfer Evaluation and Information
Are you ready to accelerate your career? For additional program information, students may contact the Office of Admission to schedule an appointment. Call the Office of Admission at the Chicago campus at 773-298-3050 or 1-800-462-9288.
Organizational behavior is the study and application of knowledge about how individuals, groups and organizations act and interact. Students in this major learn not only about how organizations function but also about how to maximize performance within organizations.
The bachelor of arts in professional studies provides a variety of opportunities for adults who are establishing new careers, completing a degree or enriching their personal or professional skills. Classes are offered in accelerated, traditional and hybrid formulas, all of which recognize the prior learning of adults.
- Health care administration
- Marketing management
- Nonprofit administration
- Human resources leadership
- Information technology
The program provides an introduction to the public administration field while developing highly marketable skill sets. Courses are designed to provide graduates with the knowledge and skills to plan, implement and evaluate public programs. Graduates of the program will be able to work in government, profit/nonprofit organizations and private sector businesses. Their training will help their respective organization be effectively prepared to deal with local and global issues.
The bachelor of arts in professional studies with a concentration in public administration provides a variety of opportunities for adults who are establishing new careers, completing a degree or enriching their personal or professional skills.
- Government sector
- Nonprofit organization
- Private-sector businesses: community development, cultural affairs, education, health care and social service
- International business
- Financial and commercial organizations