Music Honors Recital
In the spring term of each academic year, the chair of the Music Department requests that professors in each of the applied areas (voice, piano, guitar and all band/orchestra instruments) submit the names of outstanding performers in their studios. These recommended students then compete for a performing space on the annual Honors Recital. The Music Department faculty members audition the students and only the top performers are selected to appear in this recital.
The Spring 2015 Honors Recital performers:
- Guillan Algenio, clarinet, performing Concerto for Clarinet by W.A. Mozart
- Nicole Henderson, soprano, performing Four Spirituals arr. Harry Thacker Burleigh
- Samantha Rizzi, oboe, performing Sonata for Oboe by Camille Saint-Saens
- Sean Rhead, bass, performing “Taking Vengeance” by W.A. Mozart, and “When Big Profundo Sang Low C” by George Botsford
- Joseph Wilkinson, piano, performing Rhapsody in B Minor, Op. 79 No.1 by Johannes Brahms