Middle Eastern Studies Learning Outcomes
Saint Xavier University is dedicated to providing top-quality education that is intentionally designed to develop your skills and expertise as you prepare for the next step in your education or career. The learning outcomes reflect the specific competencies that you will gain from our Middle Eastern Studies program, while the curriculum map portrays how these competencies will shape and prepare you for the real world.
- Illustrate an understanding of the physical and cultural geography of the MENA (Middle East and North Africa)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the historical background of the Middle East and North Africa and how history has shaped the region;
- Have a keen understanding of the impact of European intrusion on Middle Eastern history.
- Understand the role of natural resources in the region, and their impact on the economy as well as other socio-political dynamics.
- Develop critical awareness of the stereotypes and misperceptions of Arabs, Muslims and the Middle East in general.
- Demonstrate familiarity with current events.
- Demonstrate a capacity to think critically and communicate effectively about issues and topics related to the MENA Region in the form of papers and oral presentations.
Curriculum map coming soon.