Services and Programs
Clinical services are supervised by speech-language pathologists who hold a professional license from the state of Illinois and the certificate of clinical competence in speech-language pathology and/or audiology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Saint Xavier University students who are preparing for careers in communication disorders conduct the diagnostic evaluations and treatment sessions.
- Two 12-week programs offered in the fall and spring of each year
- Specially designed summer programs
- Group or individual treatment according to the needs of the client
- Treatment sessions scheduled throughout the day from early morning to early evening
- Diagnostic evaluations available prior to each program (including summer) and on a limited basis throughout the year
- Parent support groups for infants and toddlers with severe language delay
|September to December||(12 weeks)|
|January to May||(12 weeks)|
|Summer, June /July||(6 weeks)|
- New clients are required to have a diagnostic evaluation of speech and language performed at this facility prior to scheduling a therapy program.
- Groups are normally 2 or 3 persons. Speech-language clinicians will make recommendations as to type and frequency of clinical sessions.
- The Ludden Speech and Language Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national or ethnic origin, religion or disability.