Mother Paulita Morris, R.S.M. Service Award
The Board of Trustees established the Mother Paulita Morris, R.S.M., Service Award to recognize a student who exemplifies the qualities of leadership and service that were characteristic of Mother Paulita's ministry. The award will be presented on Mission Day, Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 3:30 p.m. in the fourth floor Board Room.
About the Award
Mother Paulita Morris, R.S.M., was a member of the Saint Xavier Board of Trustees from 1960 to 1984, a period of considerable change for Saint Xavier, the Sisters of Mercy and the Catholic Church. She was a leader whose commitment to learning for life and service of others impelled her to create innovative faith and spirituality development programs at Saint Xavier and for parishes throughout the Archdiocese of Chicago.
Candidates must be currently enrolled Saint Xavier University students carrying a minimum of six credit hours.
- Has a cumulative grade-point average of 2.5 or higher.
- Secures two endorsements from persons in any of these categories: 1) a currently enrolled Saint Xavier student; or 2) a SXU faculty member, staff member or administrator; or 3) a church or civic community service organization representative; the two endorsements cannot be from persons in the same category.
- Demonstrates past Saint Xavier University student leadership efforts as well as Church and civic community service efforts.
Who May Nominate
Nominations are encouraged from fellow students, faculty members, staff members, or persons outside the University community. Potential awardees may nominate themselves.
- The deadline for student nominations is Noon on Friday, February 1, 2013.
- The deadline for student applications and endorsements is Noon on February 15, 2013.
- Nomination forms, application forms, and endorsement statement forms are available
in the Office for Student Affairs, L-208, or online.
- Download the Nomination Form (PDF)
- The Selection Committee will review all materials and make a recommendation to the University President, who will make the final decision.
- Further information, if needed, is available at 773-298-3123.
Please submit student nominations to the Office for Student Affairs (L-208) by Noon on Friday, February 1, 2013. Applications and endorsements for nominated students are due in the Office for Student Affairs (L-208) by Noon on February 15, 2013.
Note: The award recipient will receive a small honorarium. Demonstrated financial need is not a requirement for this award. However, if a recipient of the award qualified and accepts Perkins Loan, Stafford Loan, CWS or SEOG funds, the University reserves the right to adjust the recipient's financial aid in order that the total amount of aid does not exceed the amount of demonstrated need. This is required by federal government regulations.
|2011||Aarika Zarnick||1997||Julie Anne Wogan|
|Mark Piper||1996||Elizabeth Moore|
|2008-2009||Jennifer Betcher||1995||Bruce Good Hunter, Jr.|
|2007||Joana Beituni||1994||David Nance|
|2006||Adeeb F. Odeh||1993||Caroline Cherian|
|2005||James Bruton and
Laura Le Compte
|2004||Sean Gross||1991||Amanda AlHamad|
|2003||Jenifer Huestis||1990||Margaret Rose McDonnell|
|2002||Lee Ann Steinfeldt||1989||Dannette Erickson|
|2001||Amber Stevens||1988||Mary Carol Bond|
|2000||Paul Bear||1987||Clare Gallagher|
|1999||Chris Barry and
|1986||Regina M. Pence|
|1998||Dominic Petruzzelli||1985||RoseMarie A. Gould|