Award for Faculty Service
The Saint Xavier University Award recognizes a faculty member whose scholarship, teaching and service consistently reflect the University’s mission “to serve wisely and compassionately in support of human dignity and the common good.” The award will be presented on Mission Day on Wednesday, March 16, 2016, at 3:30 p.m. in the Fourth Floor Boardroom.
About the Award
This award honors a Saint Xavier University faculty member who contributes to the advancement of scholarly research, makes a significant contribution to teaching, addresses substantive issues in society, and fosters positive relationships among Saint Xavier, the broader academic world, and the community at large.
Candidates must be full-time, three-fourths, or half-time teachers at Saint Xavier University.
- Contributes notably to the advancement of scholarship and research;
- Makes a significant contribution to teaching within and/or outside the University;
- Addresses substantive issues in the civic or faith communities; and
- Fosters positive relationships among Saint Xavier, the broader academic world, and the community at large
Who May Nominate
Nominations are encouraged from faculty peers, staff members, students, or persons outside the University community. Potential candidates may nominate themselves.
- Nominations forms or letters of nomination addressing the criteria should be sent
to: Faculty Award Selection Committee, c/o Office of Academic Affairs, A-219, Saint
Xavier University, 3700 West 103rd Street, Chicago, IL 60655.
- Download the Nomination Form (PDF)
- Letters should include the name and University department of the nominee.
- The deadline for nominations for the 2016 award is Monday, February 16, 2016 (please submit nominations to the Faculty Award Selection Committee c/o The Office of Academic Affairs (A-219).
- The Selection Committee will review all nominations and make a recommendation to the University President, who will make the final decision.
|2016||Karen Wood, Ph.D.||1997||Joan L. Klein, R.N., M.S.|
|2015||Kathleen McInerney, Ph.D.||1996||Avis Clendenen, D.Min., Ph.D.|
|2014||Arunas Dagys, D.A.||1995||Nancy Goodfellow, M.S.|
|2013||Peter Hilton, Ph.D.||1994||Sister M. Dominic Merwick, R.S.M., M.A.|
|2012||William Kresse, J.D.||1993||JoAnn Gruca, R.N., Ph.D.|
|Judith Hiltner, Ph.D.||1992||Mary Lederer Roby, Ph.D.|
|2010||Michael O'Keeffe, Ph.D.||1991||Sister Marion Johnson, R.S.M., M.S.|
|2008-2009||Margaret Bogacz, D.A.||1990||Darlene O’Callaghan, R.N., M.S.N.|
|2007||Michael Flahive, Ph.D.||1989||Margaret K. Carroll, Ed.D.|
|2006||Jan Bickel, D.M.A.||1988||Faisal Rahman, Ph.D.|
|2005||Eileen Quinn Knight, Ph.D.||1987||Joanne Fleming, M.S.|
|2004||Monzurul Hoque, Ph.D.||1986||Dorothy M. Binder, Ph.D.|
|2003||Sandra Burkhardt, Ph.D.||1985||Mary Lebold, R.N., Ed.D.|
|2002||Gail Harris-Schmidt, Ph.D.||1984||Sister M. Denis O’Grady, R.S.M., Ph.D.|
|2001||Dale Fast, Ph.D.||1983||Hassan Haddad, Ph.D.|
|2000||Angelo Bonadonna, Ph.D.||1982||Sister M. Antonine Ludden, R.S.M.|
|1999||Stanley Boyer, Ph.D.||1981||Lois Neville, M.A.|
|1998||Julie McNellis, Ph.D.|