Being just a short distance from downtown Chicago, Saint Xavier provides its students rich cultural and entertainment opportunities through student programming efforts. Several events throughout the year, which are hosted downtown are available (and include transportation) for free or at a very low cost to students who want to experience all Chicago has to offer.
Should you wish to venture on your own and discover the city for yourself, use these resources:
- Metromix and Citysearch provide information on Chicago attractions, restaurants, neighborhoods, and upcoming events
- The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) Web site
- Metra commuter rail service, with their Rock Island train serving the community near SXU
- Pace suburban bus service
- Use the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) Trip Planner to plan your trip to locations throughout the city and suburbs
Residents who have questions or suggestions about programs offered in the city, please contact Rae Joyce Baguilat.