International Graduate Student Admission Requirements
The application file completion deadline for fall semester is May 1.
The application file completion deadline for spring semester is October 1.
Applicants whose application files are not complete by the deadline date that corresponds to their preferred start term will be considered for admission into the next possible start term.
A completed application file includes a completed/submitted online application followed by all required supplemental materials as listed below:
- Statement of purpose.
- One set of official, paper transcripts from any colleges/universities attended in the U.S.
- One official, paper, course-by-course transcript evaluation of all undergraduate and graduate coursework from colleges/universities attended outside the U.S. as completed by one of the following organizations:
- Official results of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
- For international applicants to the Master of Applied Computer Science program, experience working for a company in an English-speaking setting, experience attending an English-speaking University and letters of reference from an administrator, supervisor or teacher attesting to the student's potential for academic success and proficiency in English will also be considered (or may be considered in the event of a low TOEFL/IELTS score).
- For international applicants to the Graham School of Management, official results of the GRE or GMAT are required. For consideration, applicants must show a preferred combined GRE score of 300, with a minimum score of 150 on the Verbal section and 4.0 on the Writing section. Preferred combined GMAT score of 950 (cumulative GPA from degree-granting institution multiplied by 200).
- Notarized Affidavit of Support (PDF) form completed by sponsor(s) to demonstrate an international applicant's ability to afford tuition and living expenses while pursuing his/her degree.
- Valid no later than six months upon receipt
- Applicants can use more than one sponsor but each sponsor must complete separate Affidavit of Support.
- Bank letter showing the student has financial sponsorship in the amount of at least $29,000. The amount listed on the bank letter must be shown in U.S. dollars and must match what is listed on the Affidavit of Support form from each sponsor. The bank letter must be written in English by the sponsor's bank or must be translated into English. The bank letter must be signed and stamped by bank official.
- A photocopy or facsimile of the identification page and expiration page of the student's passport, and the student's current F-1 visa (if applicable), the I-20 form from the student's current institution, and the I-94 form documenting the student's original entry into the country.
- See additional documents required for each program:
Note: Students interested a graduate certificate (non-degree) program cannot be sponsored for an F-1 visa.
For an application file to be completed and considered for any type of admission, the Office of Graduate Admission must receive all required documents. Please submit documents to:
Office of Graduate Admission
Saint Xavier University
3700 West 103rd Street
Chicago, IL 60655