Alcohol and Other Drug Education Program
The mission of the Alcohol and Other Drug Education Program (AODEP) is to serve as a leader in the prevention and reduction of alcohol and other drug abuse, and accordingly, partner with stakeholders across the University to cultivate an environment that fosters the development of Saint Xavier University students. Guided by Saint Xavier's rich Mercy tradition and utilizing the latest research and best practices in the field, the AODEP employs a comprehensive multi-tiered approach to substance abuse prevention that integrates education, environmental management, intervention and institutional assessment.
The AODEP supports and advances the mission and core values of Saint Xavier University by providing information to students, staff and faculty that promotes and respects healthy lifestyle choices and personal growth and development.
The AODEP is an institution-wide collaboration between Academic Affairs and Student Affairs at SXU. Its vision is to educate the SXU community about the impact of alcohol and other drug use as it relates to academic and personal success.
- Serves as a link for students to University support services
- Provides information to students, staff and faculty that fosters healthy lifestyle choices
- Designs and implements programs in collaboration with other University departments
- Recommends changes to University policy regarding alcohol and other drugs
- Measures the outcome effectiveness of prevention programs and activities
- Creates an atmosphere in which alcohol and other drug use is not the central focus of social events