Financial Aid

Financial Aid

It's Time to File for Financial Aid!

2015-2016 FAFSA, Priority Filing Deadline February 15, 2015

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) applications for 2015-2016 are now available for immediate filing. All students are encouraged to file as soon as possible, prior to SXU's priority filing deadline of February 15, 2015, so that eligibility for Federal, State and Institutional aid can be determined before any funds are depleted.

To file:

  1. Apply for a PIN
  2. Complete the 2015-2016 FAFSA
  3. Enter Saint Xavier University's school code: 001768
  4. Submit: The application is not complete until your confirmation number is displayed
  5. Follow up: Check the status of your FAFSA, make corrections, view and print your Student Aid Report online

Call 1-800-4-FED-AID with any questions regarding your PIN or FAFSA.


If you have been selected for the Federal Verification process, review your SXU email for details on the documents needed, then print a verification form from the Financial Aid forms web page. Please complete and return all requested documents to the Office of Financial Aid as soon as possible to prevent funding delays.

Make Changes to Your Award

Do you want to reduce or reject a loan or work-study award? You can make these changes online via Self-Service on mySXU. Just click on Financial Aid, then view your Financial Aid Award Letter where you will see the option for the Financial Aid Adjustment Form.

New Students: Complete your Loan Requirements Today

All new student borrowers must complete these steps before Direct Stafford Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans can be processed:

  1. Complete your Stafford Entrance Counseling
  2. Sign your Master Promissory Note (MPN)

If you also have a Perkins Loan on your award letter, complete your Perkins Loan requirements today too!

Parent Loans

Parents of dependent students can apply for a Federal Direct PLUS Loan for Parents to finance educational costs for their dependent undergraduate student. Apply online using the same PIN used to electronically sign your student's FAFSA.

Graduating Students - Complete Exit Counseling

All graduating students need to complete Federal Exit Counseling for their student loans. Complete yours online today.

Stay Connected with FAFSA