8-Week Nutrition Weight Loss Program
Taught by Registered Dietitian, Certified Personal Trainer and Shannon Center Nutritionist Kelly Devine Rickert, MS, RD, CSSD, LDN. This 8-week class begins on Tuesday, September 30.
How It Works
- Classroom lessons will be taught from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Shannon Center. All
other lessons will be online.
- Tuesday, September 30 - Meets in the Shannon Center
- Tuesday, October 7 - Online only
- Tuesday, October 14 - Meets in the Shannon Center
- Tuesday, October 21 - Online only
- Tuesday, October 28 - Meets in the Shannon Center
- Tuesday, November 4 - Grocery Store tour
- Tuesday, November 11 - Online only
- Tuesday, November 18 - Meets in the Shannon Center
SXU Students = $40
SXU Faculty/Staff = $75
SXU Alumni/Members = $75
Community = $90
Register by emailing Kristy Allen at email@example.com or call 773-298-3586.
Fall Fitness BINGO Challenge
5 Week Fitness Challenge from Monday, November 3 to Sunday, December 7.
The cost is $5 per person.
Complete the Fall Fitness BINGO Challenge to win a t-shirt! Please sign up at Shannon Center Front Desk to receive your BINGO card.
- The goal is to complete 1 row (set of 5) of workouts each week (horizontal, vertical or diagonal).
- You will use the same BINGO card to mark off each of the 5 weeks and you must complete a different row each week (There are 12 different options, so be creative!)
- Participants are responsible for tracking their own card, which will be turned in at the end of the challenge.
- Please return the BINGO card to Kristy Allen at the Shannon Center no later than Wednesday, December 10, 2014 to be eligible for the free t-shirt.
- You will receive weekly emails with tips and a workout of the week, provided by a Shannon Center Personal Trainer.
Any questions, please contact Kristy Allen at 773-298-3586 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Turkey Shoot and Open Gym
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
SXU Shannon Center
The cost is $5 per team and registration is at the door.
Please join us for our Annual Family Turkey Shoot! Teams of two will participate in a basketball free-throw contest for a chance to win a yummy Thanksgiving Turkey or Baker's Square gift card!
Teams are made up of one parent/guardian and one child.
Families can also enjoy arts and crafts, open gym time, take pictures with the Cougar mascot and visit with players from the SXU men's and women's basketball teams.
For more information, contact Kristy Allen at 773-298-3586 or email@example.com.See the attached flier for Turkey Shoot Rules (PDF).