Apply for Housing
Follow the steps below to apply for housing at SXU:
- Please complete your housing agreement as soon as possible. On-campus housing at SXU is assigned on a first come, first-served basis according to the date your housing contract and deposit are received by the Office of Residence Life. The earlier your housing contract with deposit is submitted and completed, the better your chances of receiving your top ranked preferences. On-campus housing is not guaranteed and is limited.
- Fill out the 2013-2014 housing contract online by logging in to CLAWS. Your log in ID and password were sent via e-mail following your application submission to SXU. If you need to retrieve your log in ID and/or password, you can do so on the CLAWS main page by clicking "Get my log in ID /Password" in the lower right hand corner and following the prompts. If you have any difficulty obtaining or resetting your password, please contact the Office of Admission.
- After you have logged in to CLAWS, click on Prospective Students under the main menu. Select the Tuition/Housing Deposit link. Proceed by selecting the Housing Contract or Tuition and Housing Deposit link if you wish to submit both at this time.
- If you have registered for orientation (FOCUS) or other courses for the upcoming semester, you will log in at my.sxu.edu using your netID and password to visit the CLAWS (Self-Service) Student Menu to submit the housing contract and deposit.
- A non-refundable $150 deposit is required in order to process your housing contract. You will have the opportunity to make this deposit online when you submit your contract, or it can be submitted via check in person or through the mail. Contact Residence Life for mailing information.
- The housing contract is a legally-binding agreement between the student and the university. As you complete the housing contract online, please make sure to read all the instructions, terms and conditions. All students living on campus are required to have a meal plan.
- Review the current rate sheet online. Housing rates for 2013-2014 will be available on the Residence Life Web site after April 1st, which historically has not increased no more than 5 percent over the previous year.
- To cancel your housing contract, provide the Office of Residence Life with written notice as soon as possible or complete an online form through my.SXU.edu. The withdrawal form is found under the Students, Residence Life menu. If you cancel your contract once submitted, you will receive a refund of the deposit. Please refer to the housing contract terms and conditions for complete information.