Financial Aid Information
Saint Xavier provides information below about veterans' educational benefits. The Office of Financial Aid processes education benefits at Saint Xavier. To determine your best benefits, visit the GI Bill website or contact your Veterans Affairs representative. As a participant in the matching Yellow Ribbon program, we are pleased to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program, which allows eligible students the opportunity to attend Saint Xavier University tuition-free when coupled with benefits from the Post 9/11 GI Bill. For details regarding financial aid for veterans, contact Jacki Griffin in the Office of Financial Aid at 773-298-3074 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Veterans Coordinator Sheri Gross at 773-298-3506 or email@example.com.
Changes to the Post 9/11 GI Bill
Important changes to the Post-9/11 GI Bill have been made. Read more online at the Veteran's Affairs website.
Am I Eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program?
The VA will issue Certificates of Eligibility for qualified applicants. Veterans, service members, reservists and National Guard members with active duty since September 10, 2001, may be eligible for these benefits. You may be eligible if:
- You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
- You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
- You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran's service.
How do I participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program?
- Complete and submit the Veteran Online Application (VONAPP) available online at the Department of Veteran Affairs. Completing the application will determine eligibility to receive the benefits of the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- The VA will advise you if your service meets the requirements for the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- Bring your Certificate of Eligibility to Saint Xavier University and ask to certify your benefits with the VA.
The example below shows how eligibility is determined for students attending full-time (12-18 credit hours per semester) during an academic year. The tuition and fees are paid directly to Saint Xavier University.
|*Tuition and Fees for 2013-2014||$28,970|
|Estimated Post 9/11 GI Bill funding||$17,500|
|Estimated VA Yellow Ribbon funding||$5,735|
|Estimated SXU Yellow Ribbon funding||$5,735|
*Total cost of tuition and fees for full-time enrolled student for fall 2013-spring 2014 academic year.
In addition, the Veterans Administration will provide a monthly allowance for housing and up to $1,000 per academic year for books. The housing allowance is based on E-5 with dependents and is also based on rate of pursuit.
Veterans may be eligible for other financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The IVG Grant (Illinois Veterans Grant) is not available for students to use at Saint Xavier University. This grant can only be used at public Illinois institutions.