Student Media Summer Camp
Attend a Student Media Summer Camp at Saint Xavier University! Open to incoming high school freshmen through graduating seniors, students can participate in one or both of the camps. Students will create their own edition of The Xavierite, Saint Xavier's student newspaper and program their own radio broadcasts.
Since 2003, WXAV 88.3FM has won more than two dozen Illinois Broadcasting Association
Student Silverdome Awards, including 1st Place in Best Radio Live Game Sports Broadcast
in 2012. The Xavierite has won more than a dozen Illinois College Press Association Awards, including 1st
Place in Best Features Page Design in 2012.
- Camp is open to all incoming high school freshman through graduating seniors.
- Students will create and oversee their own new media outlet.
- They will have full access to WXAV and The Xavierite offices and equipment.
- They will participate in sessions with media industry professionals, along with Saint Xavier University communication professors, staff and students.
- After participating in the SXU Student Media Summer Camp, students will be able to:
- Describe and identify broadcasting and journalism terminology
- Identify ethical concerns in broadcasting and journalism
- Produce original work in broadcasting or journalism
2016 Student Media Summer Camp Dates
- July 11 through July 15 (Journalism)
- July 18 through July 22 (Radio Broadcasting)
For More Information
For more information, and to register, contact Peter Kreten, director of Student Media, at 773-298-3375 or email@example.com.